Thursday 27 December 2012

New Equipment for Christmas

Prior to Christmas, this is the tool that I had been using to drill holes in my stones:

'Ozito' Rotary Tool



It is a cheap little 'Ozito' rotary tool which I bought for about $30 from Bunnings. The flexible shaft that came with it broke some time ago, and I am pretty sure it is on its last legs.






But my Wife, being the lovely lady that she is, bought me a new piece of equipment for Christmas!

Dremel 300 Series Rotary Tool

This is a Dremel 300 Rotary Tool: I am told that Dremels are the bee's knees of rotary tools so I am pretty excited about it.

What makes this present even better are the accessories that my Wife bought with it!





Dremel 220-01 Workstation

This is  photo of the Dremel housed in its 220-01 Workstation!

This thing is great! It turns the Dremel into a drill press which makes drilling holes in the stones much easier and far more accurate, not to mention neater holes. I can also turn the Dremel so that it is horizontal which will make carving easier when I get around to teaching myself how to do that.








Dremel Multi-Vise





This bit is a bench vice which the Dremel also hooks into. Again this will be VERY helpful when it comes to teaching myself stone carving!







So thank you very much to my wife for this new equipment! It is VERY much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if you can post a tutorial on how to carve a stone with dremel, like the one you wrote about cabbing a stone. I have a dremel tool and I would like to carve some rough stone. Don't forget to post on G+ when done! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AlbyAlby! I will definitely put together a tutorial for carving, but it wont be for a while as I myself have not carved anything yet! I have been meaning to teach myself how to do it, I just haven't had the time as yet (same goes for faceting too as I also have a faceting machine)! I have mainly been using the Dremel to drill my stones so far.

      Delete