Friday 28 December 2012

Jewellery from a Jaka Gems stone

I have been cutting stones for many years and recently I started making simple jewellery from them by either drilling a hole through the stone and attaching a bail or by gluing the stone

There are, however, far more clever people than I that can create beautiful jewellery from both cut stones and rough or tumbled stones.

Agate Cabochon


This is an agate cabochon that I cut some time ago and listed in my store. A lady from Canada bought this piece and I shipped it across there in early November.



In a small twist, I was contacted by another customer of mine from Canada, Shelley of Shelley's Stoneworks who I had sent some rough boulder opal to a little while before hand. She told me that she had been contacted by the purchaser of this cabochon and had been asked to set the stone.





This is the resulting pendant:

Wire Wrapped Agate Cabochon

This form of jewellery is known as Wire Wrapping and as you can see, it is a very effective way of setting stones. Shelley does some amazing work - You definitely need to check her stuff out! Head over to her Facebook Page: Shelley's Stoneworks. Let her know I sent you!

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting post..and nice review about this article..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete